Spouses & Dependents


Service and family members should visit their respective branch Web site to learn about benefits for spouses and dependents.  Military.com has compiled a list of educational assistance programs for spouses and dependents at http://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/military-spouse-and-family-educational-assistance-programs.html.

Post 9/11 GI Bill®:  Servicemembers may be eligible to transfer all or an unused portion of benefits to their spouse or dependent children.  To learn more, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_transfer.asp.

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) Program (Chapter 35):  The DEA Program offers training and education opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who have died while on active duty due to a service-related condition.  To learn more, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/survivor_dependent_assistance.asp.

Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship):  This scholarship provides payments to eligible spouses and dependents of servicemembers who have died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001.  To learn more, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/Fry_Scholarship.asp.

MyCAA is a workforce development program for eligible military spouses who plan to pursue a certificate, license, or associate degree in an occupation or portable career field.  To learn more, visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/.