SAP Appeals

Exceeded Maximum Timeframe Standard

If you have had a change of major or enrolled in a high unit major, you may request a unit extension by completing this form

You will be contacted to schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to determine eligibility for a unit extension and develop an Academic Plan.  If you are determined eligible you will be placed on Probation Status and awarded aid for the courses listed on your academic plan. If you choose to take additional courses not listed on the Academic Plan, your maximum timeframe will be recalculated and your eligibility for future required courses may be reduced.

Disqualified due to GPA, Completion Rate (Pace), or Maximum Timeframe

If you have extenuating circumstances that prevented you from meeting SAP standards you may file an appeal. Contact the financial aid office (contact information below) to request an appeal form which you will access via the verification system.

Each appeal will be reviewed by the Appeal Committee and will be recommended for approval or denial based upon the student's individual circumstances. All decisions are final and there is no higher appeal.  If your appeal is approved, you will be required to meet with an academic counselor to develop an Academic Plan.  Once financial aid receives the Academic plan, you will be placed on Probation Status and awarded aid according to the conditions of the Academic Plan which will be reviewed each term.

IVC Financial Aid Office Contact Information

Phone: 760-355-6266

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Zoom (Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 5:00 pm):