2020-2021 CRRSA Act Emergency Grants
The 2021 Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Emergency Grant authorized the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) and directed institutions to use this new federal funding to provide direct emergency financial grants to students for any component of your cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or child care.
- If you are enrolled in 6 or more units for Spring 2021 (at the time of the determination) and not concurrently enrolled in high school, you may be eligible to receive a grant. Part-time (6 to 11.5 units) students are eligible for $250. Full-time (12 or more units) students are eligible for $500.
- Disproportionately impacted students (previously determined to have exceptional need which include former foster youth, homeless and not-state residents) will qualify for higher amounts. Part-time (6 to 11.5 units) student eligible for $750. Full-time (12 or more units) students are eligible for $1000.
- If you are determined eligible, confirmation that funds will be used on any component of cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus will be certified by mail.
- Payments will be made by check unless the student has previously chosen a disbursement method with BankMobile.
- Students in need of additional emergency grant funding may apply through the Student Equity and Achievment Office.