What is Work-Based Learning?
Work-Based Learning provides students with the opportunity to connect what they are learning in the classroom to real world experiences. WBL encourages students to learn about work with career awareness and exploration, learn through work with practicum and internships, and learn for work with training and experiences directly related to a specific career field.
The Work-Based Learning program supports faculty to enrich their curriculum and deepen classroom learning by embedding real world educational experiences and applicable 21st Century Skills to prepare students for today's career opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore career options.
- Connect classroom learning to real-world experiences.
- Interact with industry related employers.
- Help students grow their 2st century professional skills.
For College and Faculty:
- Increased student enrollment.
- Grow the number od sudents who complete certificate/degree.
- Integrate hands-on, work-related learning in academic instruction.
- Prepare students to meet in-demand eeds of labor market.
- Prmote faculty interaction with industry.
- Support students i defining career goals, develop their motivation to learn, and enhance retention and academic success.
- Promote company brand awareness.
- Gain access to a pipeline o qualified, motivated candidates to reduce recruitment costs and hiring risks.
- Involvement in college curriculum process through advisory committees.
- Collaborate with faculty to teach students desired industry skills.
- Improve traning programs and increase employee retention rates.
- Upcoming Presentations:
- Career Development Workshops, click here to request a virtual career development workshop for your stuents.
- Encourage your students to contact the Career Services Center
- Workplace/Company Toursm
- Industry Speaker Presentation
Work-Based Learnign Resources:
- WBL Overview - Regional Resource
We encourage you to reach us for support in integrating a Work-Based Learning experience into your course/program. You can contact Irene Drye, WBL Coordinator or WBL Trainer from your department.
Work-Based Learning Coordinator
WBL Trainer for Economic & Workforce Development
WBL Trainer for Arts, Letters, & Learning Services
WBL Trainer for Nursing
WBL Trainer for Math, Science, & Engineering
WBL Trainer for Health & Public Safety