Information on the Screening / Interview Process
A screening/interviewing committee will screen documents from complete and qualified application packets and select applicants for interview. Interviews will be conducted at the Imperial Valley College campus in Imperial, CA. (Travel arrangements are at the applicant's expense). The Committee will recommend a slate of final candidates who may conduct a second interview. The final candidate will be recommended to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
An offer of employment will be given contingent upon:
- Successful completion of a medical examination based upon physical requirements of the job (includes a TB and drug and alcohol screen). Costs associated with the medical examination will be paid by the District.
- Verification of right to work in the United States.
- Fingerprint Clearance (DOJ/FBI).
- Verification of references/work history.
- Receipt of official transcripts.
- Approval by the Board of Trustees.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions may be modified or revoked without notice. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position, if there is any change to district funding or if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not represent an adequate and diverse applicant pool. All application materials become the property of Imperial Valley College and will not be returned or applied to any other position. Official transcripts of college work will be required prior to employment. The College reserves the right to contact past employers of any candidate. Imperial Community College District is committed to achieving staff diversity through affirmative action.