Professional Growth Program
Please also refer to the current CSEA contract.
Professional Growth Program:
It shall be the policy of the Board of Trustees to encourage continued and active participation on the part of all classified employees in professional growth activities designed to improve service to the District.
Professional Growth activities may be District-sponsored activities held outside of regular assignment and educational activities of other agencies.
Credit for participation in these activities shall be reflected in an earned professional growth increment as approved by the Board.
Professional Growth is being developed if:
- The experience reflects increased knowledge, understanding, and skills in the participant's regular assignment; or in an assignment that is included within the employee's classification groupings (i.e., related classifications as in higher classifications.)
- The Professional Growth experience results in professional development manifested by an increase in knowledge, skills, alertness and a better ability to respond to the needs of the District, its students and the community.
Employees Eligible to Participate in the Professional Growth Program:
- Individual must be a permanent employee.
- Employee must be in a paid status upon completion of a segment.
- Any employee enrolled in the Professional Growth Program who has terminated his/her employment with the District and is re-employed within thirty-nine (39) months on a regular basis may resume his/her Professional Growth Program in order to complete that segment, and use all points earned prior to the date of termination.