CRITERIA USED TO REDRAW BOUNDARIES
- Each district shall contain nearly equal numbers of inhabitants as required by the U.S. Constitution.
- District borders shall be drawn in a manner that complies with the Federal Voting Rights Act;
- Each district to consist of compact, contiguous territory as much as possible;
- Each district to respect communities of interest as much as possible;
- District borders to follow visible natural and man-made geographical and topographical features as much as possible;
- District borders to be drawn to avoid locating more than one current trustee in any one district as much as possible;
- Each new district to preserve the corresponding existing district's population and territory as much as possible.