The purpose of the Academic Senate for Imperial Valley College is to:
- Represent the faculty of Imperial Valley College to ensure a formal and effective procedure for participating in the formation of policies and procedures on Academic and Professional matters.
- Promote and preserve the integrity of the educational program.
- Facilitate communication between the faculty, the Board of Trustees, and the administration.
- Develop policies and procedures related to Academic and Professional matters and to promote their implementation.
- Assist the members of the faculty of Imperial Valley College in exercising their voice on Academic and Professional matters.
- Develop, communicate, and encourage ethical and professional conduct.
- Advise the Board of Trustees and administration on Academic and Professional matters.
- Represent Imperial Valley College to other faculties and to the Academic Senate of California Community Colleges.
- Reach mutual agreement with the College President on matters relating to equivalency, hiring procedures, administrative retreat rights, and Academic and Professional matters pursuant to the provisions of the Education Code.