Mission, Vision & Core Values
The mission of Imperial Valley College is to foster excellence in education that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character, and abilities; to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals; and to be responsive to the greater community.
To provide quality education that enriches lives and builds futures.
As a student centered organization, we will uphold the following core values:
- Excellence: Providing superior service and educational learning opportunities that provide, promote and enhance student learning and growth.
- Integrity: Guiding the college's actions with an internally consistent framework of principles that demonstrate forthright, honest and ethical behavior in all interactions.
- Accessibility: Building and creating an inclusive and accessible learning environment which provides equitable treatment for all, without discrimination.
- Diversity: Recognizing and valuing the strengths of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives in an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
- Collaboration: Encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge, experience and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal.
- Innovation: Providing innovative approaches to learning, problem-solving and growth in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Fiscal Integrity: Ensuring the fiscal integrity of the District to fulfill its mission.
The District's values provide the guidance and inspiration for implementing and maintaining programs to promote student success.
2015-2021 Strategic Educational Master Plan
The 2015-2021 Imperial Community College District Strategic Plan presents the strategic direction Imperial Valley College will pursue in response to the rapidly changing educational and economic environment in the Imperial Valley region and in the State of California. The plan is the result of numerous meetings, with input from all constituent groups including the District's elected Trustees.
The current Strategic Educational Master Plan may be obtained at 2015-2021 Strategic Educational Master Plan